If your root canal treatment is proving challenging and you require an appointment with a specialist endodontist, we will be delighted to see you in our boutique dental clinic located only a few short minutes walk from King’s Cross St Pancras.
Part of a chain of dental clinics across London and dedicated to specialist treatments, LDN Dental provide its patients with a calm and comforting environment which relaxes you before your treatment has even begun. Our dentists and specialists will then ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Book your appointment online or speak to our friendly receptionists.
What is a specialist endodontist?
An endodontist is a highly skilled dentist, who has specialised in diagnosing toothache and performing a root canal treatment.
The additional specialisation which a dentist requires to become an endodontist equips them with the ability to effectively utilise dental instruments, created for the purpose of root canal treatment. Furthermore, a specialist endodontist can most quickly identify the reason behind a toothache.
A specialist endodontist is the type of dentist you require if a tooth you had previously treated is showing signs of infection (unpleasant odour, pain, swelling, dental abscess).
Why visit a specialist endodontist for your root canal treatment?
Although all dentists receive endodontic training during their studies, a root canal treatment may prove more challenging than initially imagined. This is where endodontists are involved. They are trained in performing a root canal treatment with absolute precision, guaranteeing that no retreating will be needed.
A full endodontic treatment typically requires 2 or more visits. The process is as follows:
First treatment: isolation of the tooth from the rest of the teeth and mechanical cleaning of all infected tissue and bacteria. The tooth is rinsed multiple times with a specialised antibacterial solution. At the end of the procedure, the specialist endodontist applies an antibacterial temporary filling, allowing the organism to heal.
Second appointment: the endodontist will remove the temporary filling, rinse the tooth with an antibacterial solution and ensure all dead and infected tissue is removed before applying a permanent filling. If necessary, a third appointment may be requested.
All root canal treatments are carried out under topical sedation, and we offer intravenous sedation for our nervous/anxious dental patients.
- We offer a unique 24 Hours / 7 Days aftercare cover for all our patients;
- No registration required for new patients.
- Active treatment carried out on the same emergency appointment. Same-day root canal treatment or tooth extraction services are available even for complex surgical wisdom tooth extractions.
- Sedation is available for anxious patients.
- Exceptional care from a highly-experienced, qualified and ethical team of 20 dentists and hygienists, including registered specialists in endodontics, orthodontics, prosthodontics, and periodontics.
- With an in-house 3D CT scan, we can diagnose any condition as accurately as possible.
- In-house CEREC technology enables us to provide you with same-day crowns and same-day veneers.
- Established in 1973 and has been providing excellent dentistry services since then.
- Proud winners of British Dental Association Good Practice award for past 4 years running.
- Highest rated private emergency dentist in London with over 500+ 5 Star google verified reviews and over 200,000 satisfied patients served over the past 20 years.
If you’d like to book an appointment with a specialist endodontist online, please use the link below. Please note that we require a deposit to secure your appointment.
We accept walk-in patients and emergency appointments. To ensure we’re able to see you immediately, please book your appointment online when you’re on your way, or give us a call on 020 7278 6362.
We’re available Monday to Saturday, 9am until 5pm.