Our boutique clinic located only a couple of short minutes walk from King’s Cross St Pancras in London is delighted to offer our patients appointments with a specialist periodontist.
If you are suffering from bleeding, red, swollen, or otherwise irritate gums, our periodontist can help you craft a custom treatment plan that matches your circumstances and needs to help you secure your overall oral health and avoid teeth loss.
Please book your appointment online or speak to our friendly receptionists.
What is a specialist periodontist?
A specialist periodontist is a dentist, who specialises in treating gum and soft tissue pathology, causing distress, pain or other symptoms.
You will typically require a periodontist if you have had poor oral hygiene for an extended period of time, or if you have a genetic predisposition to gum-related issues. After an initial assessment of your condition and requirements, the periodontist will create a treatment plan to match your requirements and needs and will make recommendations on caring for your teeth at home.
Periodontal treatments rarely require sedation, but it can most certainly be provided for more sensitive or anxious dental patients.
When will you need to be treated by a specialist periodontist?
The bacteria which enters our mouths when we eat or drink often finds its way under the gum where it can reside for years without causing much trouble. Once an inflammation process occurs, however, the infection can cause bleeding, irritation, and recession of the gums – an irreversible process.
You will typically be referred to a specialist periodontist by your dentist if a problem is detected during your regular dental check-ups. Nevertheless, if you haven’t visited your dentist in a while and identify one of the above-mentioned problems, you do not need to wait. Sadly, once your gums become irritated, it is highly unlikely that they will heal without external intervention.
After the assessment, the specialist periodontist will identify a course of treatment which will require regular visits; most commonly four or six consecutive appointments with a month or two in between. During these appointments, deep cleaning of your teeth will be carried out with specialised tools, allowing the doctor to reach far under the gum line and remove all causes of inflammation.
- We offer a unique 24 Hours / 7 Days aftercare cover for all our patients;
- No registration required for new patients.
- Active treatment carried out on the same emergency appointment. Same-day root canal treatment or tooth extraction services are available even for complex surgical wisdom tooth extractions.
- Sedation is available for anxious patients.
- Exceptional care from a highly-experienced, qualified and ethical team of 20 dentists and hygienists, including registered specialists in endodontics, orthodontics, prosthodontics, and periodontics.
- With an in-house 3D CT scan, we can diagnose any condition as accurately as possible.
- In-house CEREC technology enables us to provide you with same-day crowns and same-day veneers.
- Established in 1973 and has been providing excellent dentistry services since then.
- Proud winners of British Dental Association Good Practice award for past 4 years running.
- Highest rated private emergency dentist in London with over 500+ 5 Star google verified reviews and over 200,000 satisfied patients served over the past 20 years.
If you’d like to book an appointment with a specialist periodontist online, please use the link below. Please note that we require a deposit to secure your appointment.
We accept walk-in patients and emergency appointments. To ensure we’re able to see you immediately, please book your appointment online when you’re on your way, or give us a call on 020 7278 6362.
We’re available Monday to Saturday, 9am until 5pm.